Search This Blog

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Peanut Butter Balls

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 4 tbsp. butter, melted
  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 6 oz. chocolate, melted
I chose to double the recipe, because even though I had never tried these, they looked really good!


Mix together butter, peanut butter, and sugar. I started with a spoon, but at the end found it easier to use my hands. Roll into balls. I made some bigger and some smaller, I think 24 small (1 tsp. or so) and 26 bigger (1 tbsp. or so). Place on lined baking sheet (I used aluminum foil) in the freezer for 10 minutes. Melt chocolate chips while you are waiting.


I used 8 oz. of milk chocolate chips (all that I had left!) and 3 oz. of white chocolate chips. And I gooped it on there pretty heavy, so I ran out before I was done. This recipe also called for just dipping them halfway, but I chose to completely cover them. How you cover them is up to you. Refrigerate for 25-35 minutes to set the chocolate.


These are super rich, but super yummy! This recipe is definitely a keeper! I clipped it out of a magazine (I believe Real Simple) at some point earlier this year, but hadn't gotten around to making them yet. My mom always made peanut butter balls as one of our holiday treats, so I chose to make that my first holiday goodie this year. What treats are you making?

No comments:

Post a Comment