Search This Blog

Friday, February 4, 2011

Jesse's Christmas Present


I got the idea and pattern for this from my friend Lawanda. The verse on the right hand side is Joshua 24:15. "As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." In Hebrew. She made a cross stitched version of this for her house, and once I saw it, I knew it would be perfect for Jesse's someday office. It's our wedding verse, and a verse that we try to apply to our lives every day. My favorite part, though it's kind of hard to see in the picture, is the little french knot for the doorknob.
I finished most of the lettering and the house right away, but I finally finished the white background this week. Now all I have to do is find a frame that will work for it - it's about 9x12, give or take a little bit. Maybe I'll use one of those Hobby Lobby or Michael's sales to get a nice mat cut to size and a cool frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment