Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2011

Update on New Year's Resolutions

Not the most exciting ones, but...
  • Finding money for various upcoming events in our lives and putting it where it needs to be is just about done. All we are waiting on is our tax refund, and then everything will be set.
  • Rework the budget to include fun money! We each get $20 a month. Not a lot, but I get my Caribou every so often, Jesse gets a new book, or we go out to eat. Or whatever. It's our fun money. Now I want to see how far I can make it stretch...

    We also adjusted some of our other budget numbers to account for things as they are now - we've been going off of numbers from the beginning of last year for awhile, and some of them were a bit off. For example, we have coin laundry machines in our apartment building. Laundry money never really made the budget sheet. We just kind of grabbed quarters from the bank as we needed to. Now it's on there.

    The idea is that by budgeting for everything, and maybe even over-budgeting on some items, we'll have extra at the end of the month that can go toward saving for our next big goal. We have yet to determine what that is, although our emergency fund or a new (to us) car, seem to be the most likely options.
  • Finish Jesse's Christmas present. It only took me until February.
The big goal for me now is to finish Matthew's baby blanket. He's less than 2 months away! I see lots of little squares in my future...

No comments:

Post a Comment