Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Wedding Invitation Ornaments: A Naptime Project

Naptime projects are quick, easy projects that can be done in less than an hour while the little one(s) are asleep.

I know, wedding season is basically over. But I actually have two more weddings that I was invited to that will be in October. The rest of you can save this idea for next year...

I found this on Pinterest, of course, but here's the link to the original. It's so simple, and a lovely way for the couple to display their wedding invitation.

The first one I made for my uncle's wedding. I cut the invitation into strips, and rolled it around a pencil. I put the strips into a clear glass ornament and tied a pretty ribbon on top.

The second one is for my cousin. I like this one better, because I was able to get some of the strips to stretch out (like their names). In both ornaments I tried to get the parts with the important information (date, names, church, etc.) to show. It worked better in the second one, I think.

This project technically took place over 2 naptimes, because I started it and then the kids woke up, but it took me maybe 10 minutes total. Piece of cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment