Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Crafty Link-Up: Cakes

Since I made my birthday cake this week, cakes have been on my mind.

This Cars cake is one of my inspiration cakes for Jonah's birthday. I like the checkerboard fondant (it will go with the checkerboard cake), and the red frosting around the edges. My decorations on top will be different though.


I love the color combination of this one - yellow cake, blue fondant, and white frosting. Gorgeous!


Jesse says that now that I'm a cake decorating pro, he wants a superhero stacked cake for his birthday in November, with Superman on top. Maybe something fairly simple like this one? I still think that might be too hard.


It would take forever to dye this many fondant colors and cut out this many little circles. It shouldn't be a surprise that this is a Martha Stewart cake. She always seems to do things the hard way. It's very pretty though.


And last, but not least, this gorgeous flowery swirly cake. Simple, but elegant.


These are just the tip of the iceberg. For more awesome cakes, check out my Cake Decorating board!

No comments:

Post a Comment