Search This Blog

Monday, September 5, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

Happy Labor Day!

Monday: Mashed Potatoes with Chicken Gravy, Veggies. We have potatoes to use up, and I'm going to kind of make up a gravy to go over them.
Tuesday/Wednesday: Mushroom Barley Soup and Salads
Thursday: Dollar Dinner at the Beacon
Friday: Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese
Saturday: Lasagna Casserole. I'll just set aside some beef, noodles, and cottage cheese for Jonah before I mix in the tomatoes for us.
Sunday: Birthday dinner at my parents' house!

Also on the menu this week, I'm going to bake and decorate a birthday cake for myself. I have this checkerboard pan, which I'm going to do in pink and white. I'll use this fondant recipe for a pretty pink fondant on top. I'm cheating and using store bought cake mix and frosting, because this is really more a chance to try out cake decorating than baking. The only thing I'm missing is a frosting tip set to finish off the edges. I'm going to see what that might cost at Walmart today, and I'll decide from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment