Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Eat From The Pantry Challenge

This is an old post, a few years old, but the idea of an Eat From The Pantry Challenge is still a good one.  We don't have a ton of extras, although I'm sure, like in the post, I'd be surprised at how much I could come up with, but here are a few things I found after just a quick peek, which I know have been sitting there for awhile.


  • A mostly full box of Corn Flakes
  • An open but not used box of Tempura breading (I thought it was bread crumbs, but it's breading batter)
  • A tiny can of tuna
  • A can of tomato soup
  • A box of instant oatmeal packets
  • Rice-a-Roni
  • A bag of black-eyed peas
  • 6 boxes of pudding (chocolate, butterscotch, and gingerbread)
  • 3 cans of creamed corn and 4 cans of peas (on the shelf behind the other stuff)
Some of this, like pudding, you'd think would be easy to make up and eat, and it would be, but I just haven't.  So my goal for the next few weeks is to use up some of these items that have been sitting here for too long.  Some will be easy - eat oatmeal for breakfast.  Some will be...less easy.  I don't like creamed corn, but Jesse does.  Maybe a creamed corn chowder for him to take in his lunches?  These are things I can experiment with, because they're not getting eaten anyways, so the worst that can happen is they flop, and I throw them out.  Hopefully, though, we eat them and enjoy them.

Does anyone have any good black-eyed pea recipes?  How about corn flakes?  What needs to be eaten from your pantry?

No comments:

Post a Comment