Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Project Simplify For Fall: Bathroom

I posted last week about Project Simplify when I organized some things in the kitchen.  We have since gotten some bookends and the cookbooks have found their home on the top of the fridge:





I am very happy with the little updates that I made in the kitchen, and I knew another area I wanted to tackle was the bathroom.  As evident from my coupon shopping posts, I like to stock up on things when I can get the best deals.  As a result, we have quite the overflow of toiletries.  Our bathroom has very little storage (much like the kitchen).  The vanity is just a sink with very little counter-top (just enough for our toothbrushes), and the cabinet underneath has bathroom cleaner and a soap refill and it's pretty full.  So all of the extras have been squished haphazardly on this shelf:



Here is what that shelf looks like now:


The top shelf holds Jesse's daily essentials and shaving tools.  The bottom shelf holds my most-used products, my make-up bag, and our rubber duckies.

But where did all of those extras go?

To the back of the door!  Ever since I saw this idea on one of my favorite organizing blogs a few weeks ago, I have been itching to try it.  I found this 24-pocket hanging shoe organizer for around $6 at Walmart, and, I have to say, it is well worth the money for me to not have the visual clutter every time I walk into our already cramped bathroom.  Items are more or less grouped together, although there are a few mostly empty pockets as our inventory changes.  As you can see, we are pretty well stocked right now. 

My brother (a poor college student) came over and was even able to "shop" from the back of the door for a few things he needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment