Search This Blog

Saturday, September 1, 2012

HyVee Coupon Shopping


Yesterday I went to HyVee to take advantage of a few catalina deals.  So I split my items into a few transactions.  After all was said and done, I only spent $21.29 out of pocket for everything pictured!

Transaction #1: 4 General Mills cereals, $2.88 each.  Used $4 instant savings coupon in ad = spent $7.52, got $4 catalina.

Even though we're doing the Think Outside The Box Challenge this month, we'll still have a few boxes of cereal for back-ups or for next month.  If I hadn't found these, I wasn't going to do this deal, because most of the cereals were over $4/box, which would have been way expensive.


Transaction #2: Buy 10 participating items, get $10 catalina.
  • 2 Capri Sun 10 packs: $1.99 each.
  • 2 Kraft Ranch Dressings: $1.99 each.  Used $1/2 printable = paid $1.49 each.
  • 2 Kraft Singles Cheese: $1.99 each.  Used two $1/1 printables (no longer available) = paid $0.99 each.
  • 3 Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Lunch Meats: $2.88 each.  Used three $1/1 printables (no longer available) = paid $1.88 each
  • Oscar Mayer Hot Dogs: $1.59.
  • Used $4 coupon from transaction #1 = paid $12.46, got $10 back!
Transaction #3:
  • 2 Bags of Popcorn Kernals (4lbs. each): $3.39 each.
  • 2 Packages Mushrooms: $1.99 each.
  • Canteloupe: $0.99.
  • Used $10 coupon from transaction #2, and got $0.15 off for my reusable bags = paid $1.60.
I wasn't originally planning on doing the Kraft deal, but there were enough items that we were going to buy anyway, so I decided to go ahead and buy those.  If I had been planning ahead, I would have been able to print even more coupons (for Capri Suns and hot dogs, or more for cheese), but they were all gone already.  Still a great deal for things we will use!

No comments:

Post a Comment