Search This Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Coupon Shopping at Home Depot, Lowe's, and CVS

My first freebie is actually from yesterday, but the offer is still good through today, so I thought I'd mention it.  Bath & Body Works is offering a free mini candle with no purchase necessary on their Facebook page.  I picked up a pumpkin one for fall.

Another Facebook offer: Home Depot has a Zombie Mulch game on their page, which you can play to earn coupons.  I had some extra time yesterday afternoon while the kids were sleeping, so I played (it took me 30-40 minutes to earn all the coupons).  You do have to use each coupon separately, so here's what I did:

Transaction #1:
  • Winter shovel: $13.98
  • 2 smallest pots: $0.70 and $0.78.
  • Used $15 coupon from game = should have paid $0.59.  I realized later that I got charged for one of my other pots twice, so this total was $1.84.
Transaction #2:
  • 4 biggest pots: $5.28, $2.98, $1.25, and $0.78.
  • Used $10 coupon from game = paid $0.31
Transaction #3:
  • Christmas lights: $5.48. 
  • Used $5 coupon from game = paid $0.52.
I paid for the extra charges with my Jingit card, which had $22.56 to start.  So no money out of pocket there! The pots and lights I am planning to use for a craft project, which will hopefully be a cool looking Christmas decoration.  Look for that sometime soon!

Next I went to Lowe's.  Earlier this month, they were offering a $10 coupon to new e-mail sign-ups.  I'm not sure if that is still valid, but it's worth a shot if you aren't an e-mail subscriber yet.  Here's what I bought there:
  • Pan organizer: $8.99.
  • 8 tiles (for a craft project): $0.16 each.
  • Used $10 coupon = paid $0.29 on my Jingit card


And finally, I went to CVS, because they were running one of my favorite "buy $30 of P&G products, get $10ECBs" deals.
  • 3 Pampers Jumbo Packs: $8.99 each.  Used one $2/1 (P&G 10/28/12) and one $1/2 (P&G 9/30/12) = paid $23.97/3.
  • Huggies Wipes: $3.49. Used $1/1 (September All You) = paid $2.49.
  • Crest Toothpaste: $2.99. Used $1/1 (P&G mailer) = paid $1.99.
  • Used $0.50ECBs and $5/$30 baby products (CVS coupon machine)
  • Total: $22.61.  Used remaining $19.60 off my Jingit card, meaning I spent $3.01 out of pocket and got $10ECBs!
I am super excited about shopping trips like this!  It takes a little bit of planning, but a chunk of time where I don't have the kids along makes it easier.  Yay for good deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment