Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pretty Mod Podged Boxes

One of my goals for this month was to decorate some boxes to hold my extra greeting cards and my paper scraps.  For some reason, I kept putting off my projects this month, and this one was really easy, so I'm not sure why I took so long to get around to it.  First, I grabbed an old mailing box and cut off the top flaps.  Then I measured (!) and cut pieces to fit the four sides with a bit of overlap.  I mod podged those onto the box and let it dry.


Meanwhile, I cut some coordinating purple cardstock dividers to separate my categories.  For my cards, I have birthdays, weddings/anniversaries, baby, thank you, and other.

I used some extra file labels that I had on hand to label the sections.  Functional and easy!

While I had my mod podge out, I also did a second container.  This bin came with my House Party kit when I threw the Pull-ups Party last month.  I had some cool square paper that I cut into pieces, and did an argyle pattern around the bin.


I love all the colors! Jonah had fun helping hand me the squares too, so yay for bonus time working on colors with him!



I still have to make some cardstock dividers for this one, but once I do, I'll put my paper scraps in here, which will be much better than the binder clips I've been using to hold stacks together.  Maybe then I can finally get to using some of them to make some more cards and other projects...

No comments:

Post a Comment