Search This Blog

Saturday, November 30, 2013

November Goals Update

Personal
  • Complete the 30 Day Plank Challenge. We started this last week. Done!
  • Do DDP Yoga with Jesse at least 5 nights a week. I actually did yoga every single night except for one. Woohoo!
  • Read 2 books, Kindle or paper. Done! See below for details.
Parenting

  • Learn two new songs/verses of hymns. Through no fault of my own, the kids have picked up on a few of the songs of the liturgy. I caught them singing along during church. We've also been working on the verses to "Go Tell It On The Mountain" but we haven't quite finished yet.
  • Go to the Omro Library. We've lived here 5 months and haven't been there yet. Not done.
Food

  • Come up with a healthy version of the Thanksgiving menu (we're hosting!) We had turkey, Maple Glazed Carrots, Poblano Sweet Potatoes, Cranberry Sauce (based on my faint memory of my recipe last year), and Paleo Pumpkin Pie. Yum!
  • Include more (a lot more!) Paleo recipes in our meal plans.We survived a month of Paleo eating. Read more about it here.
Books I Read This Month:
  • Adopting The Minimalist Mindset by Ben Knight (free on my Kindle): "The journey to becoming a minimalist isn't difficult, but you do need to practice discipline...Remember, the first step is to change your mindset and take a hard look at how you value your life. If you can see that most items don't improve the quality of your life, you can then focus on the items that bring you joy." I've found that a lot of books on minimalism are pretty similar, but there are usually a few good nuggets of wisdom in them.
  • 100 Pound Loser by Jessica Heights (bought in an ebook bundle in spring 2013): I was actually really underwhelmed by this one, maybe in part because I didn't realize it was only 30 pages long.  I guess I was expecting more stories, more journal-type anecdotes from her experiences while losing 100 pounds.  Still, good for her for losing the weight with 4 kids and dealing with fibromyalgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment