Search This Blog

Friday, January 24, 2014

Cleaning Month: Ironing Out Stains

I first saw this method of carpet stain removal here, but when I went to the actual pin, it listed a bunch of different ingredients. Still the Pintester post said she had just used blue Windex and a rag, which is what I had, so I gathered my materials and hoped for the best.
The two stains I tried were already here when we moved into this apartment, and were noted as such with our security deposit, so it really didn't matter if I tried to get rid of them or not, but they're kind of noticeable.

The first one was an orange-ish one near our kitchen island.  Just like others who had commented on the post, orange doesn't exactly come out.  Here's the before and after:

The second one was one of two big red stains in the kids' room, which are normally covered by their car/city rug.  I only did one because A) I was sitting on the second one and forgot it was there, and B) my rag was kind of small and was mostly wet from the first two, so I'll try the other stain another time.  Here's the before and after of that one:
So. It kind of works. The stains are less noticeable, but they are still there.  It only took a few minutes (and about a hundred warnings to the kids that the iron is hot! don't touch it!), so I guess you can decide what to do with that information.  Kind of a "meh" from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment