Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Cleaning Month: Quick Pick-Ups

Today we are doing a bunch of quick pick-ups around the house that can be done in 5 minutes or less.  Please tell me I'm not the only one with all these little problem areas!

First, I tackled the bathroom counter. I put away the laundry detergent and stain remover under the sink, extra razor cartridges in the drawer, and put my blue container of scentsy bars back where it belongs.  Much better!

Then the kitchen counter. This island serves several purposes, but it also usually ends up as a dumping ground.  I took care of some of the problems, although I still have a few educational puzzles to find a home for. But I did take care of some papers, recycled some old bank information, and portioned out the rest of our huge bag of popcorn into jars to store in the pantry.

Then my side table in the living room. This is my hub, but it gets messy really easily too. I have my stack of books on the left, and things that need my attention soonish. My Bible stays out for nightly devotions, and my iphone cord for charging.  So most of that stayed there, but I prettied it up a bit.

And finally, the kitchen table, another clutter gatherer. After the toys were put away, and I moved the picture frames to the closet until next month when I update my family photos, it was already a lot cleaner. I stacked our library books nicely at the end so we can remember to take them back this week, and that was that!


These are all surfaces! When you don't have specific systems for where everything goes, this is what happens.  We may need a few more solutions for some of the items that come into our house or get used often, because I don't want or need to repeat this every week, but at least these were quick pick-ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment