Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Iron Craft Challenge #4: Hearts & Flowers

I picked an easy project for this challenge, one which I have wanted to do for awhile, and which I just got the supplies for. 

Here is the box where we keep the kids' craft supplies. Paper, markers, crayons, gluesticks, and a few other bits.  And yes, it is normally this messy.  But they can still get to things and make projects, so I try not to mess with it too much.
However, the box itself is kind of an eyesore in our living room, so I wanted to cover it with some adhesive shelf liner to both make it pretty, and to make the box stronger.
It's kind of hard to tell from these pictures, but the liner I picked is a baby blue with a white flower pattern on it.
I bravely did this project while all 3 kids were awake and running around.  I gave the boys a few bits of the liner for "stickers" so they were happy to play with those. Hannah only tried to eat the paper a few times...
And here's how it turned out! I think it looks much better than it did before, and it was a very easy project, which I needed this time around.  Life has been busier than I would like lately, so I'm trying to slow down a bit.

Please ignore the mess on the floor. This is what an unstaged living room with 3 kids 4 and under looks like most days...but at least the craft box is pretty! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, with 3 kids under 4 I'm shocked you get any projects done!

    ReplyDelete