Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Iron Craft Challenge #6: String Theory

This time the challenge was to use some sort of string.  That is easy for me, as almost all of my projects involve stitching of some sort.  And, as a bonus, I was already planning on making this Bible passage cross stitch for a couple that got married at our church this past weekend.  I played organ (my first wedding! and I didn't mess up!) and it was a lovely little ceremony.  But I digress...
I based the design off of their wedding verse, Ecclesiastes 4:12: "Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."  The picture that I've always seen along with that verse is two ribbons wrapped around a cross (the third strand) so I went with something similar.
And then I had this awesome idea to flip my embroidery cloth over and draw my pattern directly on there in light pen so that I could just follow it from there.  It worked marvelously! I have done graph paper in the past, but it's really hard for me to translate the size of a full sheet of graph paper to what ends up being like 2 inches big, so this was a much better way to get the size I wanted.

I kind of winged it on the lettering at the bottom, and luckily I was a good judge of size this time, because it was actually pretty well centered.  I usually am not that good, and have to take it out and rework it.
I really love how this one turned out! I hope the happy couple likes it too.

1 comment:

  1. You winged the writing?! Good for you! My stitched writing always looks awful.

    ReplyDelete