Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Iron Craft Challenge #7: On Trend

The challenge this time around was to do a project based on one of four trends: nautical, floral, geometric, or radiant orchid.  I really like the lines and colors I've seen in geometric projects, so I wanted to mimic that in a couple of felt Christmas ornaments.  Yes, Christmas ornaments.  Why not start early? (late?)
I cut up some scrap pieces of felt into squares, and cut each square into one larger and two smaller triangles.
This is the point where a rotary cutter would have come in handy, but I don't have one, so I just went with sharp scissors and approximate lines.
I used my favorite simple stitch with embroidery floss and sewed them together.
We'll call them imperfect geometric. Is that an oxymoron?  I still like them...

1 comment: