Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Menu Plan: June 30-July 5

Some of our garden haul this weekend...

You might notice there's a little bit of overlap here from my last menu plan, which went through July 2.  (Okay, you probably won't notice, because you don't memorize my meal plans, but there is).  That's because I realized we only had a few more days between the end of that plan and our family vacation, so I decided to see if I could stretch what we had to cover the rest of the meals.  My mom also gave me a few fresh items that they weren't going to use before they left their house as well.  It actually was not that hard!  Meals that were already on the plan from last time are in parentheses.

Tuesday, June 30
Breakfast: (Gluten-Free Chocolate Banana Muffins)
Lunch: (Leftover Taco Soup)
Dinner: (Stuffed Peppers)
Snack: (Watermelon)
Snack: (Bean Brownies)

Wednesday, July 1
Breakfast: (Gluten-Free Chocolate Banana Muffins)
Lunch: (Black Bean Burgers, Sweet Potato Fries)
Dinner: Cobb Salads (using lettuce and tomatoes from my mom, plus additional lettuce from our garden), Green Beans from the garden
Snack: (Bananas)
Snack: (Bean Brownies)

Thursday, July 2
Breakfast: (Yogurt and Homemade Granola)
Lunch: Funeral luncheon at church (I'm bringing cake)
Dinner: (Southern Chicken Stew, Biscuits)
Snack: (Apples)
Snack: (Popcorn)

Friday, July 3
Breakfast: Eggs and Toast
Lunch: Pinto Beans, Mexi Rice (I have everything except the red pepper), Cheese
Dinner: Leftovers
Snack: Yogurt
Snack: Canned Fruit

Saturday, July 4
Breakfast: Oatmeal with Canned Pears and Frozen Blueberries
Lunch: Veggie Stir Fry (using peas, corn, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, and celery, which are all in the freezer, plus some beef broth I have saved from the last time I made beef and broccoli)
Dinner: (Oatmeal Pancakes, Cinnamon Apples)
Snack: Canned Fruit
Snack: Energy Bites

Sunday, July 5
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: Sandwiches/PB Tortillas (depending on the amount of bread we have left), and Hannah will have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on leftover pancakes
Dinner: Pizza - topped with Sausage and Fajita Veggies from the freezer (my brother and his fiancee will be here so I planned a nicer dinner for them)
Snack: Energy Bites
Snack: Whatever's left

We'll finish with eggs or cereal for breakfast on Monday, and head out, hopefully with a cleared out fridge/freezer, and with all of our grocery budget intact!

No comments:

Post a Comment