Search This Blog

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Weekly Goals: November 15-21

Lately I've been making lots of goodies in the kitchen.  Above are the granola bars, and below is the cookie granola, both mentioned below.

Last Week's Goals:
  • KonMari the papers. I started going through the magazines (pictured below).  I'll probably post on this either later this week or early next week.
  • Try a new granola recipe and a new granola bar recipe.  Done! The granola bars were a hit.  The granola was just okay. I  think we're all too used to our regular granola.  But I did use up the canister of raisins we've had for forever, so that's something.
  • Read The Deception of the Emerald Ring by Lauren Willig.  Not done.  I decided to just return this one to the library unread in lieu of catching up on a few other things.  I can always get it again.
I might have been a bit behind on my magazines...

This Week's Goals:
  • Finish my KonMari of the papers! I will do it this week!
  • Knit a few dishcloths.  I have some leftover cotton yarn from the last time I made these, and a few of mine have gotten holes and I've had to throw them away.  These only take a couple hours to make, so there's my tv-watching-project for this week.
  • Nail down my Christmas project and shopping list.
Here's a few posts from others that caught my eye this week:

A New Minimalist Economy from Becoming Minimalist.

The Encyclopedia of Chicken Stock from Kitchen Stewardship.

From The Top Of The Proverbial Hill from The Art of Simple.


I'm also loving listening to Sarah Mackenzie from Amongst Lovely Things on Periscope.  She's been doing once a week longer scopes on homeschooling based on her book Teaching From Rest, which I really want to get my hands on soon.  (Thanks Sarah for suggesting her!)

No comments:

Post a Comment