Search This Blog

Saturday, December 19, 2015

My Monthly Quotation Motivation

We have a large whiteboard hanging in our dining room.  I use this for a variety of things: my grocery list, our family wish list for larger items, my weekly cleaning list, the boys' piggy bank totals (they like to keep track of how much they have).  But a few months ago, I also started writing down a motivational quote for the month.
These are quotations that I've read recently that have struck a chord for me.  So far they've included the two pictured, plus this one: "A year from now you'll wish you had started today."

I try to make these big picture ideas that can help me make smarter decisions in the day to day.  It's easy to say something like, "I should lose weight" or "I want to lose 20 pounds", but to turn that into a reality takes a lot of little decisions and tiny steps.

Jesse likes to read these to me at dinner time, a little bit tongue-in-cheek.  His favorite was to use the "small goals" quote to try to convince me to order pizza during our no spend month, because ordering it once was better than ordering it several times, and that's a good small goal.  But I like to think the words motivate him too.

I see the marker board every day.  And every day, I have to make little decisions.  Eat an orange when I'd rather have a brownie.  Save money.  Exercise instead of watching tv.  You know, adult things.

No comments:

Post a Comment